Gong Hei Fat Choy
The Year of the Rabbit is here, and for the first time ever, we have pulled out all of the stops in celebrating the New Year. Our tardy New Year's letter conveniently became a timely Chinese New Year's letter, which highlights the events of 2010 for our family. For those who have seen this before, note that this is an updated version - we had completely forgotten about an important event for Kevin! (thanks, Justin Wheeler) Let us know in the comments if you can identify what that is.
As for our dinner, we had a 5-course meal:
- Spring rolls with Thai chili sauce
- Wintermelon soup with pork & Chinese mushrooms
- Braised 5-spice chicken gizzards
- Broiled croaker with ginger and scallions
- Peanut-filled dumplings in a light syrup
Not the most traditional meal for Chinese New Year, but it was delicious!