The consensus in my home is that the following requests are too much to ask:
- Do not ask me to prepare you a snack when I am in the middle of preparing you a meal.
- Do not ask for seconds before I have had the chance to sit down and take my first bite.
- Discontinue repetitive requests when I get that wild look in my eye.
- When finished eating, do not throw your remaining food onto the floor.
- Keep toys out of the kitchen.
- Do not step on my feet.
- Do not hang on my arms while I am wielding a knife.
On the other hand, these actions are freely given: