25 random things
1. I considered going down and numbering all of the 25 first, and then decided that would be completely ridiculous, and would end up probably annoying me because then I would have to use the down arrow rather than the enter key.
2. I was at and Enrichment meeting the other day, and it was supposed to be all uplifting, and it was, but the whole time I was just trying to stop myself from stomping to the front of the room and removing the ridiculous magnetic smiley face someone had put on the chalkboard.
3. I love chocolate cake donuts with chocolate frosting, but only really good ones. They have to be good ones, and just a bit crispy on the outside, which is strange because I don't like any of my other baked goods crispy...I guess donuts aren't baked.
4. One of the best things I ever did was to tell my fourth graders what my favorite candy bar was. (Symphony with almond and toffee.) Those guys know how to take a hint!
5. I have pretty flexible hips. I love Polynesian and belly dancing pretty much entirely due to that fact.
6. Said flexible hips are a source of much teasing when I got bowling. In bowling you spend a whole lot more time sitting around looking at people's behinds while they walk than you do actually bowling.
7. It takes me approximately 5 times longer to learn an adult's name than a child's. Whether the name is common or unique doesn't matter.
8. One spring term at the FLSR lots of pretty little blond girls moved into the Spanish house. I spent the entire 6 weeks not being able to tell which fake blond was which even while eating dinner with all of them 5 nights per week.
9. I blame the disorganization of my house on my little one even though It's really only partially her fault.
10. I'm passionate about clean faucets and showers.
11. When girls get together and vent about their husbands, I can't really relate. I got a really good one, and I just can't deny it. He's got his quirks, but who doesn't?
12. It makes me really happy that Alena loves to dance and sing.
13. I was once a super picky eater, but have since come full circle. There are very few things I will not eat. (Those things include pickles and miracle whip.) It's a good thing I changed that, because I don't think Kevin would have married me had I been a picky eater.
14. Sometimes I crave chocolate cake with hot fudge, and I continue craving it until I get exactly that. It has gone on for weeks at times. The funny thing is I don't even like chocolate cake that much. That's why it's too bad you have to make a whole cake.
15. Since Alena was born I have been a pretty faithful 5 times per week exerciser, which is something I never imagined happening 5 years ago.
16. I really don't like hiking at all. That was actually one of my main complaints of BYU dating. People kept taking me hiking, where it was impossible for me to give off a good impression because I was grouchy just thinking about it. I like going for walks. I like nature. I just don't like hiking.
17. I don't know how to pick books for adults. I can point anyone to a great children's novel of any level, but every time I try to pick a book written for adults I end up really disappointed.
18. Much to Kevin's chagrin, I love corn dogs and fast food/take out chinese food. Much to his (and my waistline's) approval, to my recollection since getting married 3 and a half years ago I have only purchased two boxes of corn dogs, and have only eaten fast food chinese twice.
19. My least favorite part of the day is thinking of what to make for dinner.
20. I need 8 hours of sleep to function. 7 and a half necessitates a two hour afternoon nap.
21. I don't like socks, which is unfortunate in this house with uncarpeted floors in the winter.
22. I don't like to buy things. Sometimes I go without things that only cost a dollar that would actually be useful because I don't want to spend a dollar.
23. I pride myself in speedy grocery trips.
24. At six months pregnant I beat all but two of my sixth grade students in a flexibility test. It was the one where you sit on the floor and reach past your toes. I got 5 inches past, even with these long legs and that big belly. Flexibility was pretty much the only fitness test I ever passed growing up.
25. To my shame, I find it really fun to write about myself. Luckily I also think it's fun to read about you guys.